Here is part 2 of how to make a pie crust. Did you miss part 1? You can find it here.
After you made your dough and it has been refrigerated for 1 hour or overnight, it’s time to roll out. These instructions are for a 9 inch bottom crust.
1. Take the dough out of the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for approximately 10 minutes. This will makes it easier to roll out.
2. On a clean floured work area, use a floured rolling pin to roll out dough to 1/8 inch thick and a 12 inch diameter. In the end you want a circular shape.
3. Drape the dough on top of the pie pan. Dough should hang over the pan.
4. Gently press dough into pan. Make sure not to stretch the dough, otherwise, your crust will shrink.
5. Use a knife or scissors to cut the excess dough that hangs over the pan. The photo above shows a bottom crust that I filled and topped with another crust. If you just need a bottom crust, cut the excess dough but leave ½ inch over hang. Tuck it under the top layer.
6. Design edge as desired.
7. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 min before filling.
Homemade pie crust is such an accomplishment :). I think you should give it a try!