This was my first time using an actual pastry bag and fancy tip to ice cupcakes. I was impressed with how easy it was to make cupcakes look beautiful so I wanted to share what I learned so you can have fancy cupcakes too!
- Keep the overall design simple. I used a white cupcake liner and blue frosting with sprinkles.
- Measure the amount of cupcake batter for uniform cupcakes. I used a 1/3 cup to make sure my cupcakes would be as uniform as possible. I’ve seen professionals use an ice cream scoop.
- Pick the design you want here and read up on cupcake basics. This website provides a great tutorial and shows the different tips and what design they produce.
- Pick the color icing you want here. There are several shades you can make using the regular red, yellow, blue, green food coloring you can buy at the store.
- Supplies you need: pastry bag, icing tip (I used a 1m open star), coupler (to hold tip in place). I bought all of this at a craft store for around 8 bucks.
That’s about it! I hope this helps.